How To Start and Grow a Security Guard Business
Start your security guard business by calling (800) 688-9633 or clicking HERE to discuss and schedule a Demo.
Tips for how to start your security guard business are outlined below, including the very important topic of how to get customers. Somewhere in the mix, you will also need to consider the best tools for you and your future employees to keep your security guard business running and growing smoothly. The key tool to successfully start your security guard business, and grow that business—besides a means of having customers come to you, which we will cover as well—is a powerful, easy-to-use, dependable, and affordable security officer workforce system and mobile security guard app.
Affordable is KEY when starting a security officer business, and cost-effectiveness should always be a consideration as you grow. The security officer management system provided through AccountAbility is built to take you from 0 to 60, at your pace. Initially we can fix you up with a guard system that will meet your needs and more for an amazingly low cost, then scale from there to as large as you want to grow. The security industry experts at AccountAbility have helped many security officers start their own security guard businesses very inexpensively.
Dependability is just as critical as affordability as you start your guard company, and ongoing. Sadly, the two don’t always go hand in hand; the old “you get what you pay for” axiom. Well, they go together here. We have built our security workforce system and mobile apps on the same ultra-secure, real-time platform as Intel, Yale University, Delta, Dell, as well as many governmental agencies and other Fortune 500 companies. With 99.99% uptime, you won’t be disappointed!
We want you to succeed, and we want you to grow with us. So, we take extra measures to help it happen. Besides training and support that is second to none, we have built the system to be exceedingly user-friendly so that, whether you are starting a new security guard company or looking for something better to grow your security officer business more smoothly, transitioning new mobile users or managers and supervisors is simple. And, to top it off, we produce marketing and bid material BRANDED TO YOUR SECURITY GUARD BUSINESS. So, when you present a bid to a new prospective customer, it appears that this is all YOUR technology. They need not even know we exist.
Start your security guard company and grow by partnering with a dependable and affordable security workforce management solution. Call (800) 688-9633 or CLICK.
Starting a security guard business, like any successful endeavor, requires planning and preparation. Compliance with industry regulations is also super important on the legalities front. So here are some helpful steps to get your security guard company on the road to success.
Note that point 7., “Getting Customers”, will bring your business’s ongoing income it needs to prosper, but make sure the other points are in order as well.
If you are starting a security officer company, then you are probably already familiar with the security guard industry, so it is a matter of:
- Deciding what security services that you will initially provide, for example; event security, 24/7 on-site physical security, vehicle patrols, armed guards, etc.
- Work with a financial planner to help you determine your goals, strategies, and financial projections.
2. Business Structure:
- Register your business as a sole proprietorship, partnership, LLC, corporation, etc. LLC is generally the preferred type of structure, but a business advisor or accountant, or services like LegalZoom can help you decide on the best structure for your security guard company.
- Obtain liability insurance to protect you and your business in the event of unforeseen issues.
3. Equipment and Technology:
- Decide on what initial equipment you will need for your security guard business, such as uniforms, communication devices and alarm systems, and purchase or lease those items.
- Obtain the best, affordable Security Officer Management Software to smoothly run your operations and best serve your customers (we can obviously help with this).
4. Compliance and Quality Assurance:
- Standard operating procedures, or “SOPs”, are crucial to ensure smooth operations and compliance within your security guard company. SOPs should be adjusted as your security operation grows.
- Whether with paper or with a simple guard management system we can help with, assessing the performance of your security officers is necessary to assure quality standards are met.
- Acquire any licenses and permits necessary to operate a security officer business in your state(s) and register your business with the appropriate government departments. An online service like LegalZoom can be an inexpensive way to help with guidance on any legal, accounting, insurance, and compliance needs.
- Stay in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations regarding security officer services, including background checks for employees and ongoing training.
6. Your Team:
- Hire licensed security personnel who meet your standards and those of your local regulatory agencies.
- Conduct background checks to verify their licensing and training.
- Stay on top of ongoing training and professional development to keep your security team happy and your security operations growing!
7. Getting Customers/ Making money:
We no longer live in a world where mailers, phone books or word-of-mouth can grow, or even sustain, a security guard company. Between security becoming a greater concern and the advent of technology, the only way to compete is to have a website and have customers find that site when they need security services.
When people need security guard services in your area, they simply “Google” (yes, it’s a verb too) things like, “security guard company near me”, or “security patrol services in (city)”, or “Armed event security services”, etc. The younger generations even simply “ask Siri”, or any search engine they wish, things like, “what is the best affordable security guard service in the area?” So, to rise above your already established competition, you need to have a guard business website that shows up for the security services that make you money! And the more ways you show up the better.
Simply, AccountAbility Global offers this service as well. The same way you found this page—by searching something like, “How to start a security guard company” is how we would build YOUR website, for what makes YOU money! And we’ll do this affordably too.
We can put you in the top search results 24/7, affordably, and without paying for ads. Click for a DEMO or call (800) 688-9633 to SEE how.
Starting a security guard company in today’s world is a great move and, if you make the right decisions, you will prosper. The right tools to start a security guard company can be found here; both the security officer management system and mobile app, as well as the means to passively bring in a steady flow of potential customers.
Believe it or not, there will come a day when you look at that week’s payroll of $100,000.00+ and not sweat it…if that is what you want, and if you work with the right people and businesses; people and business “partners” who are accountable to you.
Accountability. It is critical for success.